Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Get to Work!

Like most people, I have become really dependent on a nine-to-five. While I enjoy what seems to be stability, there is always that thought in the back of my mind about layoffs.

Working for myself means the only person who can lay me off is me. Yes, of course I love the idea of not having set hours, being there for my family, and not slaving away to make the boss's yacht or guest house payments, but mostly, I love the idea of having income that comes directly from my efforts. There is no ceiling and no one to tell me when I can make more and when I will make less.


My short-term goals are:


  • Become a Sales Coordinator (SC) for Juice Plus+
  • Build a better blog


My long-term goals are:


  • Write a children's book
  • Open my acne clinic


My heart loves to help others. I'd love to help everyone, but these groups of people come to mind when I consider helping someone make money each month (I'll never turn anyone away who wants help becoming better off financially).


  • Folks who have lost their jobs
  • Moms
  • People close to retirement
  • Students


I have finally found a way to supplement my family's income. I don't sell anything. I share everything. Basically, if you are ready to own your life and not live at any one's mercy, let's talk. My "job" now has been a God-sent and I know I can only do greater things from here.

Don't be discourage y'all. I'm here. Let's talk and make this happen. Let's pour into each other and exercise the gifts God has given us!

If you'd like to chit chat to see how I can help you, drop me a line at jpwithmylah [at] gmail [dot] com.

Let's spend our time together making a better living,

Mylah

6 comments:

  1. YAY!! I love it!!! That's EXACTLY why I became a coach with Beachbody! I love to help people lead healthier lives and feel great about themselves. It works on so many levels, and I get to be home with my chirrenz and put my degree and my life coaching certification to good use. Your post really made me smile, I'm SOOOO Excited for you. Keep kickin' ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! So glad you stopped by! I know you're probably doing some amazing things with Beachbody and I can tell that you are really happy! Isn't that an awesome feeling?? I love what we're doing!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for writing this and sharing your goals. I'm constantly trying to remind myself to research harder and get busier, because as big as dreams are that nine to five tires me out sometimes and makes me forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for reading it! I know all to well how tiring it can be to work a nine to five while trying to pursue your dreams. Don't give up. Work hard now so it will all pay off for you down the road!

      Delete
  3. I love it! You can't downsize your hustle. Being an entrepreneur isn't for the faint at heart but it is for the ambitious and driven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning to be more driven and ambitious each day. I've GOT to make this work! :-)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below...