Saturday, August 9, 2014

What's Going On?

It's so weird how one minute I can come up with a bright idea about something and then within fifteen minutes (or whenever my coffee runs out) I don't follow through with it.

Take this post for example. I thought it would be a good idea to write a post giving you guys an update on my life. I turned on the computer and logged into my blog. The baby started to cry so I went to check on her. Now that I'm back in front of the computer, I don't feel like writing anything.

Funny how that happens. Being a mom means it takes me twice as long to do the things I used to do in only 20 minutes. But I'm pushing through because it's way past time to have a new post up here!

Some of you know how long I've been praying and searching for a focus for my blog. And guess what? I still haven't found it yet. So, I'm just going to keep writing until I figure it out. In the meantime, here's what I've been up to.

Baby Nailah

Nailah is just an amazing little baby. She, like Micah, has had issues with her digestive system. We finally went to the GI doctor and she seems to be doing better now. She smiles through it all. She's indeed my princess. While I was pregnant, I used to wonder how I would be able to love someone as much as I loved my firstborn Micah. I figured it out. God doubled the size of my heart.

Micah Man

Micah is now 3 1/2 years old. He is so smart. I'm sure every parent says that, but I'm especially proud of him. He pointed out a parallelogram and a trapezoid the other day and it totally caught me off guard.

Career

Wow. Do I HAVE to talk about this? It's been a really rough journey since my previous job laid me off September 2013. When I say rough, I mean rough. God has stretched me and grown me, so I really can't complain. I've learned to live on the bare minimum. I've learned to ask for help. I've learned to cook more. I've learned to prioritize. I've learned to budget better. But the blessing is that I have a roof over my head and my children are fed. I could be bitter towards the company that laid me off, but my spirit keeps me from feeling that way. Know why? Because they need prayer more than anything. So that's what I'll give. Besides, God is always going to bless the work of my hands as long as I seek His kingdom first.

Being laid off made me really understand the importance of having multiple streams of income. I learned about the Juice Plus+ Company and linked arms with a girlfriend of mine and things have been going really well! I'm so excited. My company and friends make me smile and that is a great feeling. No one can lay me off from Juice Plus+.

Shameless plug starts now (hey, it's my blog...I can do what I want). If you'd like to earn extra money, ask me how. Did you just sigh and call it a pyramid scheme? Yes, you did! But it's not like that at all. Trust me when I say it's not. So yeah, let me help you! It's been a total God-sent for me and my family. Check out this video I made.

Highlights of the week


  • I lost one pound.
  • I finally got the kids fully enrolled in a health plan (it was the fight of the century, but I did it God made a way).
  • I learned what being a professional network marketer means.
  • I ran out of butter pecan coffee cream and decided it might be good for me to lose the caffeine. Perhaps I won't buy more...we'll see.
  • I had the most amazing phone conversation with a friend of mine. I haven't had an hour long conversation that made me laugh, cry, and love in such a long time. 


Welp, that just about sums things up. I don't expect anyone to leave a comment because most of you don't. But hey, if you feel like surprising me, go ahead and drop a line or two.

Blessings and more,

Mylah

4 comments:

  1. Love it ~> GOD DOUBLED MY HEART! congrats girl. Happy she's home and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! So glad you stopped by to read my blog. I absolutely LOVE yours!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear things are looking with Juice Plus! A new venture can be scary and fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very scary!!! But I have a great team so that helps. Glad to know you are doing well with Lia Sophia!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below...